Tortellini in parmesan cream sauce wìth spìnach and sun-drìed tomatoes is a weeknight meal or a meal to impress guests! Sìmple, delìcìous dìnner ready ìn just an half hour! It all combines for a perfect pasta dish to make on a weeknight or for your next dinner party.
This pasta dish came together and ready in less than 30 minutes. Incredibly easy to prepare before we sat down to eat on weekend. Maybe some of us likes to grill some chicken to go with this but that’s totally not necessary – it’s a totally satisfying meal without any meat. Simply slice up the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, drop the tortellini in water and while it boils, you can make the sauce. All you need to do is sauté the onions, add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, and cook until the spinach is wilted. It only takes a couple minutes. Then you add the rest of the sauce ingredients and just let it cook while your tortellini finishes.
A wonderfully simple but incredibly impressive dish. Everyone loved the bright green and red colors from the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, and they were even more impressed with the flavor. The sauce is creamy, but much lighter than a traditional alfredo sauce, which is typically quite thick. If you want you can mix it all together and serve with a side salad or grilled chicken. Or both. Or steak!
Tortellini In Parmesan Cream Sauce With Spinach And Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 lb cheese tortellìnì
- 1 clove garlìc mìnced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sall-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 7 ounces ar sun-drìed tomatoes thìnly slìced
- 5 ounces baby spìnach thìnly slìced
- Boil the tortellini according the package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it has absorbed the melted butter, becomes a paste and begins to smell nutty. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream (at first the mixture will be thick and chunky, but it will smooth and thin out), then add the salt and Parmesan cheese. Allow to simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, then transfer the cooked and drained tortellini to the skillet, gently stirring to coat the tortellini with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.