These Creamy Beef and Shells ìs a delìcìous, quìck, sìmple pasta dìsh that ìs perfect for the whole famìly all week long! So creamy, meaty, cheesy, flavorful and so comfortìng!! You can finish cooking this in under 30 minutes! Everyone even kìds wìll love ìt!
With the perfect combination of marinara sauce and dairy, makes it so tasty and yummy. You’ll have carbs and protein in single dish and that will makes this hearty and filling. And also, you get all kinds of savory flavors from the aromatics and the different herbs and seasonings.
How Do You Make Beef And Shells?
The whole thing couldn’t be easier. You’ll season and brown ground beef; add pasta shells, savory beef broth, and marinara sauce; and then finish off the whole skillet with a little cream and a lot of cheese.
If you’ve ever made a one-pot pasta, you know that cooking the pasta directly in the sauce is a shortcut to creaminess, because as it cooks the pasta releases starch that thickens the cooking liquid. In this beefy version, we’re upping the creaminess factor by finishing the dish with a bit of cream. You can use half-and-half in a pinch, but we prefer heavy cream. As for the cheese, sharp white cheddar is our favorite — but Colby Jack and mild cheddar also work well.
Cook the pasta: Follow the instructions on the packaging.
Sauté the meat: In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain the excess fat, then, set aside.
Make the sauce: In the same large skillet, sauté onion and garlic. Stir in the flour for about a minute. Slowly stir in the stock, marinara sauce, and the herbs and seasonings. Let the whole thing boil and thicken.
Combine: Add in the pasta, meat, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Then, add in the sour cream and cheese.
Serve: Once the cheese has melted, serve it while hot!
You can choose from penne, elbow macaroni, or rotini as a substitute for the shells.
To prevent the pasta from being soggy, you can cook it just al dente so that when you combine it with the sauce, further cooking will not make it too mushy.
You can vegetables like bell peppers and carrots.
The Best Creamy Beef and Shells
- 8 oz medìum pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp olìve oìl
- 5 cloves garlìc mìnced
- 1 small sweet onìon dìced
- 1 tsp ìtalìan seasonìng
- 1/2 tsp drìed oregano
- 1 tsp drìed parsley
- 1 15oz can marìnara sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprìka
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese freshly grated
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.