This easy and delicious summer vegetable pasta salad is full of flavor, packed with incredible vibrant veggies with the right amount of crunch. This colorful pasta salad makes use of all those gorgeous summer vegetables.
The next time you’re asked to bring a dish to a party, bring this Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad. It’s a pasta salad full of plenty of vegetables, cheese and tossed with a good vinaigrette. I’ve been eating it about twice a day!
I know you’ll see the long list of ingredient, but don’t get intimidated by it. You can make this recipe really, really fast. Use whatever vegetables you can get your hands on but I find that it helps to try to hit most of the colors of the rainbow (the prettier the salad, the more appetizing). I also had about 2/3 of a jar of roasted red peppers in my fridge left over from my hummus pizza, so I sliced ’em up and threw them in there as well, but that is entirely optional.
Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 12 oz bow tie pasta
- 1 medium summer squash
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 medium broccoli crown
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 medium zucchini
- 15 oz jar roasted red peppers 2/3 jar
- ½ medium red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables (squash, zucchini, broccoli, tomato, onion, parsley, red pepper). Give the vegetables a good wash and then cut into bite sized pieces (onions and red pepper thinly sliced; parsley removed from stems and chopped).
- While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, chopped vegetables, and vinaigrette. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.