This Cucumber Greek Salad is fresh, light and healthy. With just easy and quick preparation, it makes perfect side dish for any summer meal!
This Cucumber Greek Salad makes an amazing side dish to serve at almost any meal, especially at summer barbecues. When there’s lots of yummy desserts and other heavy dishes to chow down on, sometimes you just need to a fresh and healthier alternative, and this Cucumber Greek Salad definitely fits the bill!
In the United States many recipes and restaurant Greek salads include lettuce. But traditional Greek salads do not have lettuce in them. Instead they allow the cucumbers and tomatoes stand in for the bulk of the salad. The ingredients are chopped and tossed together.
This salad is so easy to throw together. The “hardest” part is chopping the veggies, and that really only takes about five minutes. No boiling of pasta here, and the dressing comes together in about a minute. Add in some spices, lemon juice, olive oil, and feta, and you are ready to go.
Juicy tomatoes and sweet red onions are always perfect together. Then that salty, tangy, goodness of kalamata olives and feta cheese! It is light and refreshing with all those in season veggies, but it still keeps me full!
You can definitely make this in a quick pinch for any barbecue or get-together this summer, but if you let it marinate for a couple of hours, the flavors will develop even more.
Cucumber Greek Salad
- 2 cucumbers , peeled and chopped into 1/4 slices
- ½ of a red onion , sliced
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes , chopped
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Black olives , pitted and sliced (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over the top of salad and mix. Taste and adjust spices if need be. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!