This incredible Creamy Chicken Pasta in White Wine Parmesan Cheese Sauce will be your perfect dinner experience! So simple to make for the weeknight dish! With just 30 minutes of total work, this family dinner recipe is easy, quick and delicious!
Treat your family and friends with some flavorful and delicious restaurant quality chicken pasta dish. We all love good creamy pasta dish any night of the week Combined creamy white wine parmesan sauce, it will make your dinner super special. I used dry Pinot Grigio white wine to make my creamy chicken pasta, which produced an excellent flavor for the sauce. When cooking with wine, never use “cooking wine”. Cooking with a regular drinking wine will always give you a better tasting dish because the quality is much higher. Creamy Italian chicken pasta dishes benefit greatly in flavor when the wine is added during the cooking process. Using a good quality drinking wine is such an easy way to create a tasty creamy chicken pasta dish!
To make this Creamy Chicken Pasta, I am using spaghetti but 10 oz of your favorite variety will work just as well (linguine is always a popular option to make an Italian Chicken pasta tasty!). For the chicken, you will need 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Use thin chicken breasts. If you can’t find thin ones, just butterfly thick ones.
If you don’t plan to serve this creamy chicken pasta right away, you can make it in advance to serve later. In fact, the flavors will develop even more as it sits! However, keep in mind that the pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce. Therefore your dish will be less creamy if you make it in advance and store all the ingredients together.
Creamy Chicken Pasta in White Wine Parmesan Cheese Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally and paper towel dried
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz of spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion or use 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook according to your package instructions in salty water. I like pasta that is neither too hard nor too soft, so I always cook it Al Dente. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Make sure to cut chicken breasts horizontally to make them thin. Paper towel dry the chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir well to blend. Using a fork or tongs, coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture by pressing into the mixture with tongs and then flipping the chicken over to coat the other side. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, place flour coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Preparing the Sauce
- Add butter, diced yellow onion and minced garlic cloves to pan. Cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes. Next add chopped scallions and tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and whisk to combine.
- Now add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a simmering point and then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon and mix it in until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed. Return chicken to skillet on top of the pasta and allow it to warm up for an additional 5 minutes.
- SERVE chicken either on top or next to pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.