This Crack Chicken and Rice Casserole is the best dinner recipe for family. Nothing is much better than this delicious comfort food casserole! It’s packed with healthy carrots, green pepper and onion and uses simple ingredients like leftover rotisserie chicken, rice a roni and cream of chicken soup!
Making This dish is so simple, just takes less than an hour from start to finish, perfect for a weeknight dinner, especially if you use leftover rotisserie chicken. The leftovers are just as good too making it great for lunch throughout the week!
This recipe is ready in these easy steps : Prepare the rice a roni as directed on the package; Add veggies, cream soup, sour cream, chicken and black pepper; Spread in the baking dish and smother with all the delicious cheese; then Bake
Crack Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box chicken rice a roni or any boxed rice and pasta mix
- ½ cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cook the rice a roni according to package directions, adding the carrots, green pepper and onion in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in the cream soup, sour cream, chicken breast and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread the rice mixture evenly in the baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes then serve!