These incredible Cheesy Pepper Jack Roasted Brussels Sprouts is easy, healthy, one pan side dish that ready in just 35 minutes. Delicious, tender, buttery brussels sprouts are roasted with garlic, onions, freshly grated pepper jack cheese and seasonings on one sheet pan. Perfect side dish and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser at your dining table!
These Cheesy Pepper Jack Roasted Brussels Sprouts are perfect side dish to any meal and only use a handful of ingredients and one sheet pan! Cheesy, low carb, keto-friendly, flavorful goodness straight out of the oven.
How To Make Cheesy Pepper Jack Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Ingredients for this recipe are :
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Block of pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley – partially dried or freshly chopped (or you can replace it with basil)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
If you take a look at a brussels sprout, you will see a hard stem at the base. Trim that base off. Remove any leaves that appear to be turning yellow or browning. Slice them in half or quarter them. Slicing will depend on how large or small a sprout is. If they are very small, you can leave them whole and if they are very large, I would quarter them. When roasting, you want to make sure the vegetables are approximately the same size in order to guarantee even baking/cooking. Otherwise, you will end up with pieces that are cooking faster, therefore burning on the pan. Be sure to place the sprouts onto the pan cut-side down. This helps to create a crispy, caramelized coating along the cut edge
If you’re not a fan of pepper jack, you can swap it with mozzarella , provolone or your favorite cheese. Freshly grated melts sooo much better! Use freshly grated!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Trim and slice brussels sprouts. Removing any yellowish or browning leaves.
Place sprouts cut-side down onto the prepared baking sheet with onions.
In a microwave-safe glass measuring cup, melt butter. Add in olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir well.
Drizzle butter mixture overtop of all sprouts.
Stir gently with a spatula to mix in the butter mixture.
Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray to make sure they are thoroughly coated.
Bake for 20, remove and add cheese. Place under the broiler on LOW for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just starting to brown.
Cheesy Pepper Jack Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1 small yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp partially dried parsley (or freshly chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced - 1 tbsp)
- 6 oz pepper jack cheese (freshly grated)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- red pepper flakes
- freshly chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large (17-inch) baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place the halved brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet, cut-side down. Discard any loose leaves. Top with sliced onions.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Add olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the brussels sprouts and give the pan a gently stir, making sure to keep the brussels cut-side down.
- Spray sprouts with nonstick cooking spray - this ensures every bit is coated with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of roasting, grate the pepper jack cheese.
- Please keep in mind that bake time may vary based on the size of the brussels sprouts. If they are on the smaller side, check at 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the sprouts from the oven. They will have shrunk while roasting, so using a spatula, shift the brussels to one end, creating a single, yet crowded, layer. This will ensure all of the brussels are covered with the cheese and not the pan.
- Top with cheese and return to the oven under the broiler on LOW for 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and starting to brown.
- Remove and garnish with freshly chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Season with additional salt, if preferred. Serve hot.