Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins taste like banana bread in muffin form and filled with cinnamon flavor. They are incredibly delicious, perfectly light and moist. Topped in butter and a sweet cinnamon crumble for the ultimate snack. Banana cinnamon muffins are easy to make from scratch, all you need is one bowl and no mixer needed!
A simple muffin recipe can be taken up a notch with just a couple extra steps. These banana muffins do just that with the cinnamon sugar topping. This topping adds a little extra flair to breakfast foods. If you put it on your toast or donuts in the morning, why not to your muffins?
This recipe is great to make with kids. It’s really easy and made with ingredients you can find in your pantry! There is something so comforting about a piece of warm banana bread or banana muffin.. They taste great freshly baked or reheated in the toaster oven.
How To Make Banana Bread Muffins
Banana cinnamon muffins call for flour, baking soda, granulated sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, canola or vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and bananas.
One bowl is all you need and no mixer! Whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside. In a larger bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla with a wire whisk until well combined. Stir in the mashed bananas, then lastly add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (don’t over mix).
Transfer the batter to a prepared muffin tin lined with paper liners. You can also grease the muffin tin with nonstick spray. Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the cinnamon sugar coating.
- For best banana flavor be sure and use a very ripe banana.
- The best way to tell if the muffins are done is to use a toothpick and insert it into the top middle of the muffin. If it comes out wet then it’s not done. You want it to come out with moist crumbs. You can also gently touch your finger to the top of the muffin and it should spring back. The muffins should look done, not look like there is some wet batter still on top.
Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
Banana Bread Muffins
- ⅔ cup mashed banana about 2 small bananas
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon & Sugar Topping
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Or you can also use liners.
- In medium bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs and stir with wire whisk. Add in bananas and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir together until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Each muffin cup will be almost to the top. About 3/4 full.
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and muffins are high and rounded on top. The tops of the muffins should not look wet (that means they're not fully cooked).
- Remove muffins from pan to a cooling rack.
- For the cinnamon & sugar topping : Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Put melted butter in a separate small bowl. Dip muffin tops into melted butter and then into cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm or let cool completely.