This amazing Broccoli Cashew Salad with Apples, Pears, and Cranberries is packed with fresh and healthy fruits and veggies. Super easy to made, tossed with the most delicious homemade creamy salad dressing, this dish definitely will be your favorite family dish!
The salad has a great texture because of crunchy cashews, fresh vegetables, and fruits! The easy creamy salad dressing is made with mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), honey, and lemon juice! This is a great option anytime, especially during the summer when you want something refreshing and filling, yet also healthy and easy to make. Plus, it switches up our lunch and dinner game and makes us excited eat something healthy and delicious!
This broccoli cashew salad is a healthy recipe that you can make any time of the year, even for the winter season to get a boost of antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber! It’s easy-to-make, and it keeps well refrigerated. A great choice for family weeknight dinners, barbecues, potlucks, and parties!
How To Make Broccoli Cashew Salad
Broccoli salad pretty much is all about chopping up the fresh fruits and veggies then mixing them in a large bowl with a salad dressing.
- Cut broccoli into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Chop up a cored apple, cored pear, red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped up broccoli, apples, pear, red onions, cranberries, and cashews.
- Make the dresing nn a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt). Add lemon juice, honey, and salt. Make sure to soften the honey (by heating it up gently) before adding it to other salad dressing ingredients, to make sure it blends in easily.
- Add in the dressing and stir everything together.
Variations and substitutions
Cauliflower. If you want to mix things up, use an equal amount of cauliflower to replace the half amount of broccoli.
Nuts. Many types of nuts will work here. Use pecans, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts, or pistachios instead of cashews.
Dried fruit. Dried cranberries work great in this recipe, and so do dried cherries, raisins, or dried blueberries.
Fresh Fruit. The mix of fresh apples and pears works beautifully here, but you can go just with apples or just with pears.
Salad dressing. For the salad dressing, combine together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, honey, and salt. You can lighten up the dressing by replacing some of the mayo or sour cream with kefir or Greek yogurt.
Broccoli Cashew Salad with Apple, Pear and Cranberries
- 5 cups broccoli florets chopped into small bites
- 1 pear cored and diced
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1 cup cashews toasted or roasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup red onion diced
Creamy Salad Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream or kefir or Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey softened or warmed up
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine together chopped broccoli, diced apple, diced pear, diced red onion, cashews (toasted or roasted) and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), lemon juice, honey, and salt. Note that honey should be soft and runny, warm it up if needed, so that it mixes easily. Whisk the ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add salt if needed.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli salad and stir everything together.